Archive for the ‘Just worth sharing….’ Category
“Comrades! We must abolish the cult of the individual decisively, once and for all.”
– Nikita S. Khrushchev
(1894-1971) Soviet Premier
Source: addressing the 20th Congress of the Soviet Communist Party, 2-25-56
Two Brave Women
Lara Logan and Stacy Dash, both of whom stood up for their rights to celebrate being American and believing in what and whom they so desire.
Logan, a journalist and member of the 60 Minute reporting team, spoke to the Better Government Association annual luncheon, and refuted the administration’s claim that the Taliban and al Q;aeda was defeated. Logan, a South African by birth, is a straight talking lady who won’t be kowtowed by her bosses and associates, and says it like she sees it. The media needs more of her ilk. She, if you may remember, was assaulted, beaten, and sexually assaulted by a mob during Egypt’s so called Arab Spring protests. To quote Laura: “There is this narrative coming out of Washington for the last two years,” Logan began. It is driven in part by “Taliban apologists,“ who claim ”they are just the poor moderate, gentler, kinder Taliban. It’s such nonsense!”
Stacey Dash, a beautiful Hollywood actress, who also happens to be black, endorsed Mitt Romney…an act certainly against the tide in a town of lemmings where money flows much too easily and lots of part-time workers make a good living in the “arts.” Stacy is getting flak from all sides of the liberal left-leaning gaggle of Hollywierd. Good for you, Stacey. I hope some of the few successful producers who understand how this great country, this great free enterprise society, of ours was built, come of hiding and hire, hire, hire you.
Two ladies, not only beautiful and intelligent, but brave. Men, you should follow their lead.
Came to me on the web:
by Rev. Austin Miles
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina (9/11/12) When the DNC came to Charlotte, area churches, 100 of them, offered hospitality, not knowing how much the Dems hate God and would actually boo God at the convention. They had no idea how that hatred would be directed at them and their churches.
The Sunday before the DNC, over 9000 people had come together to pray for the convention. Then, wanting to extend hospitality to the visitors to their city, 56 of the churches set out to
They put together gift baskets featuring Carolina Pralines and a letter welcoming them to the city and offering assistance in transportation, childcare or spiritual matters.
According to writer, Todd Starnes, The DNC banned the churches from distributing the gift baskets to delegates because, DNC said, the congregations hold values that are contrary to the party platform.
Read that carefully.
David Benham, one of the organizers of the outreach said, “We were just trying to display Southern hospitality.” DNC officials, however, conveyed to city leaders that the Christians would not be allowed to present their gift baskets.
Even the Charlotte Mayor’s office jumped in to tell the churches not to participate, saying that their views on women’s rights are contrary to the platform. That’s right….the same platform that booed God later.
Benham then asked if they could send welcome letters to the delegates.
Again, the DNC refused, because, they said, “The churches hold pro-life values.”
The baskets did not contain a single political or pro-life message.
They just wanted to give them regional candles and a welcome letter.
The DNC refused to return numerous phone calls seeking comment.
But it gets worse. When a gathering of 200 Muslims showed up to pray for the convention, the Dems welcomed them with open arms and the liberal media gave extensive national coverage.
It is ironic that this day, in the shadow of that Islamic prayer event, we commemorate the greatest tragedy in American History, when Muslims attacked America on September 11, 2001, brutally killing thousands.of innocent people.
Muslims who publicly state their hatred of our country with fierce determination to kill us all and put America under Sharia Law, are welcomed by the Democratic Party while Christians are pushed out of sight like criminals because they respect life and hold family values.
These are the same democrats who want you to vote them into office to direct the United States of America and every life from beginning to end. It is obvious that we must not let this happen.
Our thanks to Rev. Ed Berkey (retired) who alerted us to this story.
Top Ten Reasons People Dislike Mitt Romney
1. Handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like central casting’s choice for Commander-in-Chief.
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)
4. Can’t speak in a fake, southern, “black preacher voice” when necessary.
5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School…and by the way, his academic records are NOT sealed.
6. Doesn’t smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Definitely too square for today’s America.
7. Represents the America where people believe in God and Country, go to Church, don’t screw around, work hard, and strive for success.
8. Has a family of five great sons…and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home mom, a “choice” that deserves America’s scorn.
9. Oh yes…..he’s a Mormon. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.
10. And last: pundits say because of his wealth, he can’t relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that’s because he made that money himself…as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it. Apparently, he didn’t understand that actually working at a job and earning your own money makes you unable to relate to Americans.
My goodness, it’s a strange world, isn’t it?
· His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney
· He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old.
· His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor of the State of Michigan
· He was raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
· He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they have five children.
· B.A. from Brigham Young University, J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
· Mormon – The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
· After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a Mormon missionary.
· After going to both Harvard Business School and Harvard Law School simultaneously and graduating Cum Laude from both, he passed the Michigan bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.
· In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity investment firm, which eventually became one of the largest such firms in the United States.
· In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost to Ted Kennedy.
· He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic Games.
· In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.
Some Interesting Facts about Romney:
· Bain Capital, started with one small office supply store in Massachusetts and turned it into Staples; now over
2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.
· Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds of business miracles again and again, with companies
like Domino’s, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel, Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama Stores, Home Depot and many others.
· He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for his dad’s gubernatorial campaign 1 year.
· He was an unpaid intern in his dad’s governor’s office for eight years.
· He was an unpaid bishop and state president of his church for ten years.
· He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake Olympic Committee for three years.
· He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of Massachusetts for four years.
· He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.
· Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men in our country but has given more back to its citizens
in terms of money, service and time than most men.
· And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity, almost 19% of his income…. Just for comparison purposes,
Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%.
Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:
· He will show us his birth certificate
· He will show us his high school and college transcripts.
· He will show us his social security card.
· He will show us his law degree.
· He will show us his draft notice.
· He will show us his medical records.
· He will show us his income tax records.
· He will show us he has nothing to hide.
Mitt Romney’s background, experience and trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and an excellent citizen for President of the United States.
You may think that Romney may not be the best representative the Republicans could have selected. At least I know what religion he is, and that he won’t desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers, or practice fiscal irresponsibility.
I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle that the current regime has gotten us into. We won’t like all the things necessary to recover from this debt, but someone with Romney’s background can do it.
But, on the minus side, he never was a “Community Organizer,” never took drugs or smoked pot, never got drunk, did not associate with communists or terrorists, nor did he attend a church whose pastor called for God to damn the US.