Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; – U. S. Constitution
However it seems it’s now okay to arrest you when your freedom of speech abridges the comfort of the president and Congress. At least per the bill Obama just signed into law. Where’s the Supreme Court on this one?
Wasn’t that exactly what the forefathers had in mind…making the president and Congress uncomfortable when they’re abridging our rights? Or is it merely okay to have freedom of whisper, just not freedom of shouting? I thought shouting was what expressing your beliefs was all about? Particularly when shouting at someone (the president and Congress) who won’t listen unless you shout.
- Now, if the Supremes will just read the 10th Amendment….
- My God…opps, I shouldn’t have said that, I’m going to jail….
- Solyndra…Go To Jail And Don’t Pass Go!
- What’s Congress to do without its Weiner? Are we to believe we’re no longer getting screwed? :-)
- An Assault on the 1st Amendment?