An ingenious example of speech and politics occurred recently in the United Nations Assembly and made the world community smile.
A representative from Israel began: ‘Before beginning my talk, I want to tell you something about Moses:
When he struck the rock and it brought forth water, he thought, ’What a good opportunity to have a bath!” Moses removed his clothes, put them aside on the rock and entered the water. When he got out and wanted to dress, his clothes had vanished. A Palestinian had stolen them!
The Palestinian representative at the UN jumped up furiously and shouted, ‘What are you talking about? The Palestinians weren’t there then.’
The Israeli representative smiled and said, ‘And now that we have made that clear, I will begin my speech…’
- Barbara B., open mouth, insert foot. Don’t miss this one….
- How to tell if the Brady bunch is lying…their mouths are open!
- A fascinating look at our times, from the standpoint of language….
- Democrats outspend Republicans…of course they do, we pay them to do so!
- Work ’til noon…to pay your income tax!