“What a government of limited powers needs, at the beginning and forever, is
some means of satisfying the people that it has taken all steps humanly
possible to stay within its powers. That is the condition of its legitimacy,
and its legitimacy, in the long run, is the condition of its life.”
– Charles L. Black, Jr.
Source: The People And The Court, 52 (1960).
- Limited Government? No longer…. Roger Pilon
- The balance of powers may save the country yet…thank you, forefathers!
- Charles T. Sprading on “Legal” and “Just.”
- Our way…the only way? General David M. Shoup
- Does your government trust you?