Think of this….
1. Justice Scalia just turned 78
2. Justice Kennedy will turn 78 later this year
3. Justice Breyer will be 76 in August
4. Justice Ginsburg turned 81 about a week ago.
In addition, Justice Ginsburg has Pancreatic Cancer. Justice Stephens has already said he would retire and is just waiting for Obama to be reelected. The next president could appoint as many as 4 new Justices over next 8 years. This election is about more than ObamaCare Tax.
We wish them all well, of course, but the brute fact is that whoever we elect as president in November is almost certainly going to choose at least one new member of the Supreme Court, in addition to hundreds of other life-tenured federal judges, all of whom will be making momentous decisions about our lives for decades to come.
If you don’t think it matters whether the guy making those calls is Mitt Romney or Barack Obama, I think you’re smokin’ something funky.
So for anybody who is thinking of not voting because your favorite didn’t get nominated, or writing in a candidate who can’t win, imagine this:
SUPREME COURT JUSTICE ERIC HOLDER
- It’s kinda like running over a skunk…the smell just won’t go away!
- The Right to be Left Alone….
- U.S. Justice Foundation
- William O. Douglas (quote)
- Justice Louis D. Brandeis