I guess our government officials, federal, state, and local, didn’t read this quote from Justice Brandels before they declared themselves America’s aristocracy and crowded up to the trough for far more than their share, before they created retirement programs which would put the rest of us, we poor unwashed, in the poor house.
“At the foundation of our civil liberties lies the principle that denies to government officials an exceptional position before the law and which subjects them to the same rules of conduct that are commands to the citizen.”
– Justice Louis D. Brandeis (1856-1941) US Supreme Court Justice
- This from The United States Justice Foundation
- Justice John Paul Stevens
- The Justice Department chases it’s tail again and again and again. Stay home Mr. Holder!
- Needing no additional explanation….